Junior Data Analyst
SIGMA Data Insights is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
As a Junior Data Analyst, you will enhance our clients’ data strategy that will help transform their business. You will collaborate with a Senior Data Analyst and other team members to understand our client’s business challenges and determine how to make improvements. This position helps to bring analytical rigor and process improvement to current business programs. You will design, develop and implement simple to complex SQL code (including queries, views, stored procedures, etc.) Your ultimate responsibility is to help structure, manipulate and maintain client data as well as working with other team members to find actionable insights that can drive our client success forward.
SIGMA helps its clients “Do more with their data.” We hire people who are naturally curious, eager to learn, and love digging into the data. When we do our best, we help our clients shine and help make their organizations even better.
- Learn and understand our clients’ business in order to help address their business objectives and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with clients and co-workers to gather requirements, interpret data, perform analyses, and develop reports
- Create and manipulate SQL stored procedures and data pipelines based on client objectives
- Able to understand business needs and translate it into data pipeline
- Perform exploratory data analysis and data mining, including aggregating data from multiple sources and incorporating large national datasets
- Complete BAU data processing using SQL, Alteryx and other analytical tools
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
- Project management responsibilities include client communication, internal team management, project tracking, and the packaging and presentation of deliverables
- Design, manage and deliver in-depth client analyses, such as customer profiling, segmentation, predictive models, post-program measurement and other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, information technology, statistics, math, or related quantitative field
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL, R, SSIS, or another technical programming environment. Capable of creating new procedures for clients consisting of multiple data sources
- Knowledge and comfort with basic database design and structures
- Experience in answering key business questions, interpreting analytical output and providing strategic recommendations
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel –including advanced pivoting and other functions
- Passion for data analytics
- Knowledge about direct marketing and/or database marketing
- Experience in designing and developing customer-facing dashboards/reports with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- 1-3 year of experience with Alteryx
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing
- Familiarity with statistical methods such as regression analysis and clustering
- Interest in using new methods, and staying on the cutting edge through lifelong learning
- Experience with “Fuzzy” matching techniques
- Work experience in a team-oriented, deadline-driven environment; being self-motivated and proactive, willing to help, and working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest and/or experience in a “startup” business environment
- High level of work ethic, accuracy and efficiency
Download a PDF of the job description here.
To apply for this position send your resume & cover letter to: Michelle Tahara.