Data Processing Specialist
The Data Processing Specialist is responsible for day-to-day processing operations in support of SIGMA clients. The Specialist follows established procedures, and runs pre-built workflows to load data from multiple sources. The specialist is also responsible for QC, and assists with troubleshooting data issues as they arise. The specialist works closely with the analytics and development teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to follow in-depth written process documentation, update process documentation when necessary, and assist in the development of new/revised processes when the need arises. The candidate must be able to adhere to strict processing deadlines, and will be required to learn the tools of the job.
- Run pre-built daily/weekly/monthly workflows using Alteryx, SQL queries, and SSIS.
- Perform QC and troubleshooting on data as it runs through the load process.
- Assist in creating new processes or updating existing processes (as needed).
- Keep process documentation up-to-date.
- Communicate with stakeholders on progress, processing concerns, and suggestions for process improvement.
Required Technical Skills
The candidate should be proficient in, or able to learn, the following tools:
- SQL (for basic queries) and SQL Management Studio
- Alteryx Designer
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The candidate should also exhibit
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
- Precision when following instructions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- A great attitude and eagerness to learn
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with databases/query writing
SIGMA Marketing Insights is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity.
This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
Download a PDF of the job description here.
To apply for this position, send your resume & cover letter to: Michelle Tahara.